Tuesday 12 March 2013

Never trust a train...

I managed to get to Weston super Mare this morning without buying a ticket - the machine was busy, the booth was busy and the guard on the train took 20 mins to sell one ticket.  Feeling smug, I hadn't reckoned with the train's capacity to gain revenge: when I got to the station this evening the train was cancelled.  My plan had been to run from Nailsea to Tyntesfield estate; this wasn't going to happen now.  I blagged my way onto the service to Bristol, and completed an urban run instead.
Clifton is awesome for hill training; zig-zagging my way up and down in a line parallel to Hotwells - I must have looked like a sewing machine.  Over the suspension bridge into Leigh Woods, through to Abbots Leigh and home.  Fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment