Tuesday 14 May 2013

Running with the Devil

I went to the Watershed the day after the Welsh Ultra to see Mark Rowlands, the philosopher who runs and keeps wolves as pets.

Here's a thing - if you know you are going somewhere you know will be full of runners, don't wear a running shirt and poncy barefoot trainers.  I looked like a geeky groupie.

In the same way, when attending a cycling film in a bike shop (as Malin and I did the other week), don't wear old-skool wool cycling tops as if they are fashionable cardigans.  No, on second thoughts, do: when else can you get away with it?

Anyway, an interesting man - I enjoyed his first book 'The Philosopher and the Wolf', and so look forward to reading his new one; 'Running with the Pack'.



I would run if I had that monster coming along behind me.  Very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment