Sunday 27 April 2014

Wildlife

Went out for 2 sodden hours this afternoon.  Luckily it wasn't too cold as it rained almost continuously with the occasional thunderclap to scare me.  I ran through Watercress Farm, through the Tyntesfield estate and over to Lower Failand.
 I ran up the hill that links Sandy Lane to Ferney Row - the area was deserted and I hadn't seen a soul since the lady with the dog on the cycle track.  As I entered the trees I was aware of a movement to my right - to my surprise two pigs were rooting about under the trees.  They must have escaped from a farm or smallholding but as I ran down the hill I couldn't see any pig-like accommodation or anywhere I could report their presence to.  So, I left them there enjoying their freedom while it lasted.

Then, as I entered the golf course above Long Ashton a flock of Goldfinches flew off.  They had been feeding on the Dandelion and Hawksbit seed heads and their presence on the ground resembled a hyperactive picnic.  Lovely to see so many of this beautiful bird


No comments:

Post a Comment